(East) Humboldt Park, Chicago 2000

A(nother) story from my project Lake.Sky. Chi.
In 2000, I lived on Washtenaw and North Ave. My alley was like a double wide with a big open lot in the back that was sort of hidden on all sides. It was not uncommon to find a vehicle on fire back there. This is a suburban burning here. I was training TaeKwonDo at night in those days and I'd come home late and shower. I could watch the fires from the shower window on the second floor. This picture is from street level. ©missyweimer 
Read a story, tell a story.Follow along on instagram for more images from Chicago in the early aughts. @lake_sky_chi_

FYI: Here is a link that talks about some of the local gangs at that time:

https://www.chicagoganghistory.com/neighborhood/humboldt-park-west-humboldt-park/

Comments

Popular Posts